Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Keep on trucking...!

Jonathon Ross is now making excellent progress;

I was very pleased with the interview I did with BBC South Today. I was slightly disappointed that they didn’t show much of it, they also omitted giving out the website details (!) and how to sponsor us. They did however give Project 65 some good coverage. So I guess something is better than nothing.

Training took a bit of a hit last week. My planned 30 miles last Sunday never materialised. I had to work on Saturday with my brother. He is a tree surgeon and he needed a hand with some rather large trees. He actually didn’t need a hand at all because I did all the lifting while he climbed and just cut large pieces off each tree. It was also my wife’s birthday. So by way of compromise I took her out for the day on Sunday. That meant Monday night I did another 22 miler home from work. A much improved performance on last time, thankfully! I then ran into work the next day and felt fine. My knees were screaming a little but I guess that’s as expected!

I was away on a course in Easingwald, York last week. What a beautiful part of the country! Managed to get out and run a couple of short runs through some very picturesque woods. Then on Sunday I managed 27 miles and felt pretty good at the end. I think I could have gone on for a good few more miles. For the first time I had some recovery drink when I finished and the improvement it made to my muscles and general feeling was immense.

I have a day off work this Wed and have planned a 35 miler....

With a little over 8 weeks to go, I have said to Sarah that I must focus on my training and make sure that I keep Sundays free from now on. She is happy with this as long as I have done all my chores beforehand! Unfortunately she read my blog on the mothers day issue and my win – win situation turned into a lost – lost situation with no remission!! Ha ha!! Schoolboy error allowing her to read it!

On a personal admin front I am happy with the set up I have for running now. I have a running belt with water bottle and a small bottle for gel. The belt has a large pouch for food, money etc. I also carry a 500ml water bottle in each hand when I am running. This may not be that orthodox but it works for me.

Best wishes to you all - stay fit and focused

No comments:

Post a Comment