Monday, April 6, 2009

Any ideas on how to combat chafing?!

Our little Trooper gives his update to go with the picture below:

Another interesting week for the FLM training:

Not much to report on the running side. I still have a niggly groin issue (make all the comments you like) but I can still run (plod). On Monday I had the local papers in again for the FLM Stormtrooper run. It went ok. I found even more areas that rub in the outfit and it is not getting any easier to run with the full face helmet on.

Afterwards I examined the damage on the inside of the legs. Looks like I have been Paintballing. Never mind... rather find out now than later on!

Thursday was the first time out on the roads. A bit of a mixed reception really. On Thursday I train with a local running club (Sutton Runners). So it seemed a good opportunity to get the Armour on the road. The club liked it, which is always a good thing. I managed to get 2 of the girlies to tie my laces for me because I cannot bend over enough!! Then out on the road.

Road was completely different to the running machine. A bit more air movement so I didn’t heat up as quickly, but after a while I couldn’t see anything with the lenses steaming up, so going to have to look for a solution there. I did take out the lenses which improved much needed ventilation.

Running on the road caused many people to cheer, beep the old horn, stop and take pics, but the worse one was a group of kids in a car throwing things at me. Great huh, you try to do something different and someone is always there to mess it up!!

At the end... I discovered even more new areas of rubbing! So a big learning from all of this, is the old ZINC oxide tape. It’s great to stop the rubbing, but getting the b@$tard off is another thing. So any advice on that is greatly received!

Going to try for a 10 miler in it this week so I’ll let you know.

CWP

No comments:

Post a Comment