Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The last one!

Jonathon Ross signs off:

I did my last run on Sunday evening. A mere 4 miles through the woods. It was a bit slow mainly due to the weather and the fact that I had spent 2 days solid working in the garden. Made a visit to our local Up & Running shop to buy all the necessary gels, bars etc. Everything is now in place; it’s just got to be packed. I must remember to get some Euros!

Sponsorship has been excellent. I have managed to pass the £1000 mark. My British Legion is having a D-Day dance on Saturday night and all proceeds will go towards Project 65. So that will boost the kitty somewhat. So many people have been very generous. I have felt very humbled at the interest, encouragement and generosity given.

One last note on teenagers. My youngest son, Jake (18) has seen me come in and go out of the house in my running kit a hundred times in the last 6 months. He’s heard me discuss the run and what it’s for. He’s heard me moaning about the pain in my knees. He’s heard me talk about the distances involved. Then at the weekend I said ‘Its only a couple of days to the run and I’m getting a bit nervous’ to which he replied ‘What run is that then, Dad?!’

Look forward to seeing you all on the day. I know there is a lot of local interest here in Dorset for the event. Hopefully we should get quite a few people out cheering us on.

Stay fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment