Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It’s D Day -4!

Rob Smart:

I've been trying to make the most of my 'taper time' and have just attended my second sports ‘massage’. I had my first one last Thursday in an attempt to loosen up my thighs which have been quite tight. I’m told there are women who have shown greater dignity during childbirth than I managed in front of the masseuse. I disagreed as I thought I stifled most of the screams myself, but in any case my legs do feel a lot easier.

One unexpected side effect of visits to the sports physio has been the Latin that I've picked up over the last few months. Going from zero knowledge, I now know my gluteas medius from my plantar fascitis, and my rectus abdominus from my pubic symphysis. I wish I didn't...

I've definitely found the fund raising the biggest challenge of all, and as part of my latest push for money I'm about to hold another cake sale at work. Today it's Mars Bar cakes with a secret ingredient (apricot jam - so not that secret anymore? -Ed). Tomorrow I'm bringing back the Project 65 Gingerbread Men which have proved quite popular (pictures attached).

As part of the Latin I seem to have picked up I worked out that Project 65 in Roman numerals is PLXV. I thought I’d drop that bit in to explain why in the pictures the Gingerbread men have the letters iced onto them! I’m terrible at icing and previous attempts to write out ‘Project 65’ defeated me. Perhaps professional icing competitions will be my challenge after ‘PLXV’. I hope not though – running’s much more straightforward!

Good luck again, everyone. See you all on the 4th!

Best wishes,

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment