Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Silver Surfer signs off...

Doc Chalmers posts his last blog before the off:

Well here it is; the last Thursday blog from the Silver Surfer. Hooray I hear you say! It’s been an absolute blast, despite everything so far, and I’m really looking forward to the day. Not quite sure why I should look forward to running 65 miles but I’m sure it will all make sense place on the day.

Ominously took delivery from Welch Allan of the cardiac defibrillator late last week, and as I only have 1 set of disposable paddles if anyone is planning to have a cardiac arrest make sure you’re the first as I have no more!

On anther point had a run at the weekend hoping my plantar fasciitis had gone, and found out it hadn’t so only managed 12 miles before “bailing out”. Also the weather men suggest the summer will be hot/dry so thought I’d better dust down the running singlet and found it chaffed in the most exotic of places. I struggle to understand this as used it before in marathons, I think a t-shirt will do nicely then! So having messed up at the weekend, I think a total rest is called for over the next few days. The only problem is avoiding catching anything from my patients!!

I see teenagers are still on the agenda: Our dysfunctional family headed of to Phones4U and managed to clear the shop. To me a mobile phone should do what it says on the box; i.e. a phone! However my two were on a mission; which upgrade could they get on their current contract and which had the most “twiddly” bits and that was before the colour discussion! Just to prove that JR’s are not unique I enclose a photo of mine running the race for life. Look closely at the consequences of not tying your laces and in the background the Silver Surfer and his chocolate Labrador both appear embarrassed.

Finally another jovial little picture, I doubt this bouncy and jaunty running technique will be used on the day, more the Ranolph Fiennes method of “plodding”

Best wishes and see some of you on the bus and the rest at Tarrant Rushton.

Silver Surfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment