Friday, May 8, 2009

The Silver Surfer is still in trouble.

Doc Chalmers:

Cycled over to Croxby tonight for my little 4.2 mile run, it was the 100th running of it and a very special night locally. The weather was windy and the 12 mile cycle took an hour due to the cross wind. 34 minute run was quite acceptable given that 1/3 of the run was full on into the wind. At least the 1:6 hills were cross wind. I passed my ever helpful coach Mike Hall taking photographs who told me to get moving, stop smiling as I obviously wasn’t working hard enough and reminding me I still had another 50+ to go. Thanks Mike, just what mates are for!

Then a quick shoe change and a 12 mile bike home, fortunately some was down wind. Arrival home for the “silver surfer” meant a bad day at the office got a whole lot worse. You couldn’t write a “soap” like this but my youngest daughter has fallen off a horse again. She has broken her wrist for the 3rd time and this needs to be added to the elbow fracture (which I diagnosed) and the shoulder fracture (that I missed!)

My wife wasn’t too chuffed as I was obviously uncontactable and the youngest has a swim completion, piano exam and violin exam and SATS all fairly soon! Mind you when I mentioned her Christmas present is now sorted as we could buy her a rocking horse instead of a real horse she really lost the plot!

My mad cycle mate gave me some helpful hints, makes a change from the Vaseline and plasters comments, regarding a rather curious concoction, non-steroid anabolic mega pack, from allsports (not the bucket high street shop) but an online store. He claims it’s the “biz” and legal so what the hell! Lets give it a go! On the ethanol front, amazed one of our number managed nearly 6 months sans alcohol, regrettably 6 days is nearer the case for me! Another case from the doctor of don’t do as I do, but as I say!

Anyway still have to plod on, feet to pickle, long run Saturday and a sprint tri on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment