Monday, May 18, 2009

Nearly there.

This is becoming the Doc Chalmers show... Does anyone else want to blog? Anyway here he is again:

Well it’s the finishing straight now on the running.

I know I’ve been banging on about keeping fit and injury free, surprise, surprise I’ve managed to do my self in! I obviously should know better but the duathlon recently was, for various reasons, too much of a challenge. The weather was driving rain and cold so I charged off on the 1st run. Bike had a few hairy moments: vision was restricted as glasses steamed up and hands were slipping on the bars. Got caught in the later stages of the bike but despite cramping up knew I could run them down. Certainly did them on the run managing sub 7 minute pace.

This has come at a high cost as now got super dose of “plantar fasciitis” and was barely able to walk far less train on Friday/Saturday. By Sunday it was much improved and managed an hour at high intensity on the static bike. I think a hefty dose of reality and discipline to not go 110% is called for! This will have to be done on our long run as even pace and following a plan is paramount.

Packed the youngest daughter off on adventure holiday this AM, she was like a spaniel on amphetamine all weekend and was doing me in! Despite my best efforts she still has a plaster on so more of a holiday and less of the adventure, methinks!

Booked my accommodation in Portsmouth at the Ibis Hotel so excitement is building, it’s a long way down from Grimsby and I’ve got a bit extra to carry as the medics wanted a “defibrillator”. So rather than catching the 5am train from Newark and crossing London in rush hour I’ve elected for a leisurely night in hotel. If anyone else is staying happy to join them for a pasta and some water!

Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment