Friday, May 15, 2009

And another from Doc Chalmers!

The Silver Surfer:

Having got the triathlon out of my system it was back to pounding the roads around Utterby. It’s been hard as most of the mileage has been unaccompanied. The kids have refused to get out of bed, my wife doesn’t understand and Dan Chico has been working away. The bonus is I live on the edge of the “wolds” so a scenic area is very close by, so far seen lots of the local wildlife including some deer. For those of you who think Lincolnshire is flat hopefully the picture included on my last blog will disprove that; if you can’t see it there then just look at my just giving page!

Quite a sad thought entered my head today as my wife asked me at breakfast what I would do next after I’d “nailed this challenge”!? Have to say made me think, normally a season is fully planned with A races B races and training sessions but I’ve got nothing else entered for 2009. I’m sure she can find me some jobs but when I finish this challenge it’s not quite as simple as stop running. I, and I suspect the rest of us, will need to “de-train” and take stock. Even now I can feel a subtle difference on the bike being less able to push big cogs and needing different gears to ride hills.

The better news is my daughter has only got a "greenstick" so the plaster should be off by the end of the week, just in time for her going on an Adventure Holiday with school. The list of hideously dangerous things to do means I'll be visiting some A/E department in Shopshire soon. I have to admit she really is a mobile disaster area, and to make it worse the horse she fell off this time is well known for being so laid back he's nearly horizontal!

Anyway of to try and make a few pennies more for the charities as struggling to shift the Heart of Midlothian Directors box voucher.

Finally hot off the press is my mate Gavin (who started me on this challenge) may be joining us as a cycle outrider. He is a great bloke and has good motivational skills. He pulled numerous japes and wheezes when he coached us swimming and is quite a good cyclist: came 3rd in race across USA once!

Best wishes and keep injury free!

No comments:

Post a Comment