Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I know I can do it now...

Matt Barker back again after a blog break;

Having had a mad few weeks with work and family life I have now 5 mins to do a blog. Training is going well. I am not running as far as I'd like at the mo but I know I can.

Last Sunday saw me do 24 miles by doing 8 mile loops in the Hampshire countryside near my house, experimenting with food and carb drinks. I was attempting 40 miles but left it too late in the day and had family commitments but knew I was good for 40 as I felt fresh as a daisy at the end of 34 and not sore at all during the next few days.

I shall be doing the 8 mile loop again soon but will get more weekly miles in due to working the next 2 weekends. :-(

Echoing Jonathan's comments, my local British legion has been very helpful especially after I did a talk for them plus I am now approaching local businesses and have posters nearly everywhere in the local town. Sponsorship is slow but sure.

Not much more happening other than BBQs, running, eating, sleeping and working.

Catch y'all later with a more interesting blog next time hopefully!

A special kind of idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment