Monday, March 30, 2009

Jonathon Ross - yes, that's right, our TV star!

With apologies to Jonathon Ross from the Editor for not posting this last week, however, we have all seen the results of what he did with the BBC South..! Well done!

I had to alter my training routine this week. I had acquired a nasty blister on my right foot and didn't want to aggravate it. I had a cunning plan. I told my wife that as it was Mother's Day I wouldn't go running. Instead I would cook the roast and generally play servant for the whole day!

A win/win situation! I am now in her good books again and can go out to play when I want! I can hear you ask what were my boys doing for their mother on Mother's Day. Not much is the answer, they did cook a roast one year but never again. Its just easier that I do it!

This all meant that a weekday long run was required. On Monday I finished work early and set off for a run at around 5pm. I arrived home 22 miles later, at 8:30pm and absolutely shattered. This time I had prepared well but found the whole day very tiring. The next morning I ran the 6 miles into my work. I ran like 'Mrs Overall' from Acorn Antiques for the first 5 miles. It was only when I got to work that I started to feel OK. This was good training for me as I now know I can continue running even when my body is aching and not willing. I feel that I still have to up the ante so this Sunday I am aiming for 30 slow miles.

I have a reporter and cameraman visiting me tomorrow from South Today. Really looking forward to it. The publicity will be excellent and raise the profile of the event. Respect to CWP for running in the London Marathon dressed in that rather natty suit. Good luck to you.

Regards to everyone, dig deep, we can all do it!

And here is the link to the BBC South news item - Ed!

No comments:

Post a Comment