Monday, March 30, 2009

Halfway Picnics.

Matt Barker suggests a novel way of including the family whilst training:

Hey y'all! Matt here. How is everybody's training going? Hope it is going very well indeed!

I have mixed feelings about my training this week. I managed to do 40 miles in 24 hours the other day, 10 on Friday then 30 on Saturday, split with a break in the middle at mile 15. I met the Mrs., boys and dogs at Stockbridge Downs for a picnic before reluctantly setting off home, waving them off in their comfy looking car!

It was my first ultra distance and apart from relying on the Rocky Story Soundtrack to get me going again for mile 16, was happy with my performance. The down side is I have a had a very hard week at work and have not run since due to time and commitments and also an overwhelming need to rest. I am listening to my body though and now feel like leggin' it out the door tomorrow morning which just happens to be my son Euan's Christening Day. I have family and friends coming from all around so will have to escape early and do a short one but at least I'm feeling like it again!

Just wanted to ask if any other runners are local to Winchester/Hampshire and fancied meeting up for a pint (joke, Rory!) or even a training run? I also wanted to say thanks to Jonathon Ross for doing the BBC South thing. I think they got bored with me when they rang me up and I couldn't fit them in when they wanted so they ditched me for Jonathan. You did a great job!

Anyway....cheers and see y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment