Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Teenage Pranks.

The Silver Surfer is having a tough time, but it's not all Project 65 related...

Not any easy week for me as the local doctor as we had a fatal accident in my village.

To make it worse it was a 14 year old school girl and all my triathlon mates knew about it and rang/left messages for me on my mobile as they thought it was my daughter that had been involved. I’d had a “minging” day at work and had gone off on a belated 9-miler run so knew nothing about it all until I returned and collected my mobile. Sort of lost the “motivation” a bit after that - unsurprisingly. It does bring home slightly what 'life' means though and my involvment with Project 65 keeps that never very far from the surface.

A further problem surfaced later in the week that did involve my daughter. It changed from relief she wasn’t injured to exasperation at her latest “wizard wheeze”. I have never been one for understanding females (not that my manhood can be questioned) but she really “took the biscuit” this time.

Prank 1: Failure to understand 'No' means 'NO!' resulted in a dying of hair and a large % of the bathroom “ribena” colour. She tells us it’s a single wash out variety of dye but I have my doubts. The good news is you can gloss paint over it!!

Prank 2: Teenagers whinge and whine about the latest must have 'mobile'. My wife, in a moment of weakness, gave her a 'contract mobile' and the first bill was a mere 31 pages long. Needless to say my wife matched the hair colour and phone was confiscated!

Prank 3: As you can tell from my name I don’t have a lot of 'street cred' regarding 'mybook' and 'space face' but our wireless net access went down and thus my purple teenage daughter had to face up to the 'light' leave her bedroom and move computer. A short time later while passing by, my wife squinted over at the page currently on show to find an alleged male school friend naked on a bed with a very strategically placed car number plate. Cue another purple moment for my wife. I was summoned to instill further authority but unhelpfully found it all rather amusing; pointing out it was a rather short and small number plate!

As a medical person I never thought steam could come out your ears but I’ll now have to write my wife up in the British Medical Journal! I’ve now decided to go and lose myself on a long run before social services visit and feel secure in the knowledge next week must be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment