Friday, May 22, 2009

Knee supports have the answer.

We don't have two Ronnies, we have two Barkers! The Matt variety writes:

Hey y'all!

Getting close now! Just been reading the blog. Nervous but excited as I am sure everyone is. It all seems very well organised so far and want to thank Danny and Barry, Ed and the rest of the team for the steady build up of info. and answering of difficult questions.

I was pleased to find out I am representing Sapper Bradford from the accompanying 249th Royal Engineer (Airborne) party in Glider 5. My grandad was, infact, a Sapper and Driver for the Royal Engineers in Africa and Italy with the 8th Army but I never got to hear him talk about it. He was fighting in Italy during D-Day. So I am very proud to be representing Spr. Bradford but as yet, have not managed to find anything out about him.

IF ANY OF HIS RELATIVES READ THIS, DO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME VIA DANNY GREENO AS I'D LOVE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HIM.

Note to all suffering from knee aches at around mile 30 (Mr. Ross..I just read your blog!) I too am suffering those tweaks and twinges. I found this on Amazon, some neoprene York knee supports which have 3 velcro straps. They are very comfortable, extremely supportive, don't slip down and very reasonable at around £12.

I'm taking mine! I did 40 miles last Sunday and used them on the last 10. No adverse affects and knees stopped hurting... that could have been the Anadin though!!!

Good luck to everyone.

Bon Voyage!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment