Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Veteran Marathon Runner joins the Project 65 Community.

Rory Coleman, a marathon runner of some distinction, exhorts all Project 65 runners to knuckle down to some serious training!

I must say that I am excited by the thought of running 65 miles for Project 65. The part I am looking forward to the most is learning more about the history behind the run and the camaraderie that this type of event brings. People bond together when times get tough and the unity that the 200 runners will share will be an amazing thing to be part of.

I feel that my task is to make sure that everyone gets to the finish… a sort of Project 65 'Mr. Motivator'! There will be times when it will be too easy to give up or give in and that’s where I think my experience will be vital in getting the other 199 runners to Pegasus Bridge! Please get in touch if you want any help or advice with your training.

My focus now is on getting the runners together for a long training run so they get some idea of how to undertake the massive challenge ahead of them…

Rory's own website with plenty of tips and encouragement can be found at http://www.rorycoleman.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment