Thursday, February 19, 2009

The 'Silver Surfer' joins the Project 65 blog...

Dr Iain Chalmers, an ageing (by his own admission!) GP from Grimsby, adds his own views on Project 65 as he continues his training for the big day:

The options for 2009 were an Ironman or an Ultra-marathon. Since I DNF’d [did not finish - Ed] the Ironman in September due to a dreadful swim and vomiting on the bike section, my wife clearly said it was divorce or behave!

Being a sensible triathlete it was an “ultra” instead - it’s so logical! So here I am on a 16 week programme for an ultra race. Done some fundraising before for some marathons but nothing in this league and I’ve no claim to fame other than meeting Jane Tomlinson at Great North Run (everyone went running round her but I just piled up alongside and said hello!)!

I’m trying to get on TV as we have a local health TV channel broadcast in all the local GP surgeries, but we'll have to wait and see. As for sponsoring me, you can find me at http://www.justgiving.com/iaindschalmers.

Best wishes to all...!

No comments:

Post a Comment